Sunday 7 February 2016

The Tallyman 07/02/16: Humble Beginnings

They cost how much?!

Ok, look! 3 posts in 2 months? And you thought I wouldn't be able to keep that "post more regularly" resolution. Anyway, welcome to my... monthly? summary of how well my plan of converting my lead-pile into painted models. Or money.

January 2016 was a pretty slow first month for the Tallyman. I've been working my way though re-re-basing my Skaven army (long story) which is taking up most of my hobby time, but I did manage to get a couple of models painted!.. Ish.

Models Painted: 2


Firstly, on the left, we've got a standard bearer for the gang of Nurgle Thugs i've been building for my Nurgle Warband. On the right, we've got the, for now, leader of this thugs, he could do with a couple of additional layers of paint - but he's "finished" for now. Both have unfinished bases, but that's because I've not decided on a basing scheme yet.










Models Brought: 2

On to the negative side of the equation. This month has been a very restrained month for me (considering some of the releases - I'm not counting Kickstarters until the arrive) only two purchases! 

Firstly, though the Oldhammer Trading Group on Facebook i picked up a Jules Le Jongleur for my Warband:

He's a model I've wanted since I first saw him - It turns out I have a bit of a thing for Jesters, perticualay evil ones. I'm not quite sure what that says about me.

Secondly, I popped into my Local GW and picked up a Gaunt Summoner:


Not sure what this is for, but thanks to the "Grand Alliances" of AoS, I don't have to decide! This guy and the Treeman (and the Dryads, to a degree) are all part of what I'm calling Games Workshops "Pan's Labyrinth" Collection. Stylistically, Pan's is one of my favourite films, so it was a bit of a no brainier when this guy popped up for sale.


So with one month down, and no sales, the score is tied at 2:2. Which means my lead-pile neither grew nor shrank in the last month! It's the little victories. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment