Monday 14 December 2015

Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low.

There's been talk for a while about Mantic Game's "secret project" for a while - and now it seems that Ronnie (Mantic's CEO) is dropping some very heavy hints that they're producing a Fallout miniatures game as their next kickstarter.
I've got mixed feelings about this. On the one hand - great! A Fallout tabletop wargame is great news! On the other - I was kinda hoping that GW would pick up the licence once they drop Lotr/Hobbit. Because, let's face it, as much as I like Mantic, GW would do a nicer job of it.
But, that said, I'm going forward with an open mind and I'm exited what the future will bring.

4 comments:

  1. I don't see GW using any other IP than their own from now on, Having a Fallout related TTG would be excellent though I'd wait to see sketches and greens before getting too excited, if it come with scenery and all, it will already be very good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that's not the case, but I guess we'll have to wait and see :).

      I'd like to see what Mantic will do with the licence. Their current terrain system (with the clips) works perfectly well for scifi, but falls down in a more modern setting. So it would be interesting to see their way around this problem.

      Seeing actual physical models is a must tho, as Mantic have a bit of a reputation of not living up to their concept art.

      Delete
  2. I thought that the current rumor on GW was that LotR and Hobbit were sticking around for a while? They are even hiring someone for the new studio to write for the game(s).

    As for Fallout... well, it might not be bad? Terrain and weapons sprues should be good at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've recently hired a bunch of people to produce new stuff for Lotr. But they can't keep the licence forever, one day they will have to find something new.

      Hopfully the terrain is cool - the Mars Attacks stuff is probably a good indicator of what to expect. I'm just not sold on the connector clips, or the plastic material they use. I mean, I'll still back - because it's Fallout.

      Delete