Friday 25 January 2013

A quick Hobby Update!





Just a quick update on what I've been working on. This month, as per my hobby resolution, i haven't really been messing around with much GW stuff (but, from the leaks, that's about to change);
 
Firstly, I've dipped back into Kings of War and decided to start putting together a Undead Samurai army, I've only got a Necromancer with 10 skeletons and 5 Zombies so far (these models take much longer to put together than i expected!) - Once I've found them, the Wraiths in the background are going to get some old Rackham Oni Masks.



Also, when I've not been messing around with undead samurai, I've started to pur together a Malifaux Arcanist Rail Crew Box (With the Rail Golem and Willie):
I've gone for a railway (no surprises there really...) theme for the bases - I was googling ideas for basing and found the idea to use model railway tracks, and they do look pretty cool. Awful to cut tho.

Anyway, that's all for now! I've got some gushing to do about the new WoC models, but I'll save that for another post.

One last thing! My copy of Sedition Wars has arrived!

I'm very impressed, although there is quite a bit of warping of my models .Which is a bit of a disappointment (a disappointment that's becoming a more and more common occurrence with models made from not-HDPE plastics - my most recent batch of Reaper Bones models has a couple that needed re-setting), but one that should be easily fixed (although, to play devils advocate, it's a bit like the Finecast situation - even though the fix is relatively simple, i shouldn't have to do it. But that's a different post all together.)


4 comments:

  1. Hi. Can you provide info about what figs you used for your undead samurai? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're a mix of Mantic Zombies and Wargames Factory Samurai, the the second zombie from the left has the head from one of the corpse cart guys :).

    ReplyDelete