Thursday 23 October 2014

Orctober fest!


It's Orctober! Well, it's been Orctober for 23 days and I've only just gotten involved. Which is unsual, since I'm a long standing Orc/k fan, but real life gets in the way. Not to waste an Orcy month, I thought that I'd paint something up that's been sitting in my collection for a long time:


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Gorethz The Massive. The Warlord of the Chaos Goblin army that I've been planning for a long time but has never moved on from there. That is, until now. Specifically since I saw Chico's Chaos Orcs I've really had to give myself a kick up the metaphorical. That's not to say I'm going to get anything completed any quicker. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. 

What model it it you ask? Well it's from the original Rackham line, before they switched to pre-painted plastic and then to the liquidators - interestingly (to me at least) I was an avid Rackham collector up until I started collecting old Citadel so I've amassed quite a large collection. I guess hoarding OOP is in my blood. 

Anyway, I'm planning on getting Old Gory painted up before the end of the month - as you can see, i've got my work cut out for me.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. A good looking model - a Goblin / Nurgle hybrid which is right up my street! Will you paint it in traditional Gobbo colours or something different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a looker, that's for sure. Currently, i'm planning to do him in the classic green (I was considering painting him in flesh tones, but I was worried he'd end up looking like a giant ballsack).

      Delete