First things first! What's on my table?
Ahh, Deadzone, the place I've made some progress!
WIP of my plague strider -
And painting is under way for the first set -
The great priming of 2014 has begun for my (non-warband) Oldhammer guys!
In this photo you'll see the bases i'm using for all my pre-slotta (or non-slotta) models. Basically 2p's for big bases and 1p's for small ones. There are some advantages to this (price for one - 50/100 bases for a pound? bargain) and there's a reassuring heft to the models.
There are, of course, some downsides too - the big one being that I'm pretty sure this is illegal... but we'll keep this between us, ok? Snitches get stitches and all that.
All i do is stick the models to the base with super glue then smooth around the edges with some Fimo. which brings us onto the 'disaster' portion of tonight's post...
An Oldhammer disaster!:
Well, you see, as I said before I use Fimo on the bases to hide the join between the integral base and the coin, bake it in the oven and you've got a rock-hard join, job done. This method has suited me just fine with these models and everyone was happy.
Right up until last night. Where I may of accidental left the oven on a little high, or a little too long, or a combination of both (the summer heat may of cooked my brain) which lead to this when I went to get my models out of the oven:
Really. That's not good too look at.
What you see there is two Mantic Dwarves, a four Chronicle N11 Black Orcs... well. They were that once, now they're metal splats.
On the upside, if you own any of those Black Orcs, they've gotten a little more valuable. Back to eBay for me, I guess...