Monday 20 July 2015

The Age of Saltmar

GW had to blow up the world to make Fantasy profitable
let that sink in a bit...
I know talking about AoS is getting old, but I thought I'd share my two bits...

I don't think I can word my feelings on the Age of Sigmar any clearer than this;

First I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong, and I grew strong, and I learned how to get along.

Everyone online (I'm looking at you Reddit.com/r/warhammerfantasy) is predicting doom and darkness for the future. The sky is falling, the rules are broken and stupid, and The Dwellers Below is game-breaking, and... no wait that was 8th.
I hate to say it, but the
double-hammer Sigmarines are cool.

It seems people (online mostly) have forgotten that their "golden child" 8th ed caused most of Australia to ragequit. 8th ed was single-handedly responsible for the surge in popularity of Warmachine/Hordes, Kings of War, and possibly Malifaux. Yet now people are longing for the "almost perfect rule set" of 8th, just like they did for 7th a few years ago. And I'm sure that in a few more years, people will cursing GWs name for updating their perfect rule set, AoS.

I, personally, am excited for a more warband-focused Fantasy. It's a whole new game and a whole new world. I'm picking up a Starter Set and a Batallion Box soon and i'm starting the new game afresh. Exciting times ahead. 

So, in short; 7th, 8th, and Age of Sigmar, they’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top and that one’s on top and on and on it spins.

No comments:

Post a Comment